- We were formed on January 14, 2013.
- 22 of us started a grass roots group trying to find answers as to why our flood insurance premiums are rising so exorbitantly.
- As we saw this issue needed long term solutions, we filed for Non-Profit status in 2014.
- We have been instrumental in letting our Senators and Congressman understand what the ramifications are of the Biggert-Waters Act.
- We were instrumental in influencing many Senators and Congressman to pass the Homeowners Flood Insurance Affordability Act.
- This bill is only a temporary measure. We are now gearing up for 2017 when the NFIP needs congressional re-authorization.
- Our goal is to reach all 22,000 flood zone communities, 5.5 current flood policy holders, nationally and speak as one unified voice to congress.
StopFemaNow was formed in January 2013 in response to drastic flood insurance premium hikes as a result of a confluence of the Biggert-Waters Act of 2012, inaccurate and incomplete FEMA flood maps, and questionable actuarial calculations.
We have/are engaging in the following activities to keep flood insurance affordable:
- Advocating for the passage of the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act to delay premium increases until an affordability study is complete and its recommendations are considered by Congress
- Ensure rates reflect accurate risk
- StopFemaNow is a non-profit organization working nationally to keep flood insurance affordable. For more information please contact George Kasimos.
- Working with FEMA to draw accurate maps that account for all flood mitigation features.
- Working with Congressmen and Senators to write new legislation for a permanent solution to Keep Flood Insurance Affordable.
- Suggest reforms to NFIP’s management
Featured SectionAdvertise with us >>
Visit our advertisers. These companies help keep Stop FEMA Now running.
Want to advertise with us? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org