Time to get these State issues fixed NOW.
– Why is the NJ Attorney General not filing Eminent Domain proceedings against the easement holdouts?
– Why are there no plans to raise dunes on IBSP?
– We need Sea Gates on the 3 inlets on the Barnegat bay to fully insulate us from future storms (Point Pleasant Inlet, Barnegat Light Inlet and Little Egg Harbor Inlet)
– Why are NJ residents receiving 150K and NY residents receiving 300K?
– Why is RREM not paying to raise the home 4 feet above the BFE?
– Extensions should be 1 year extensions not 3 month extensions?
– What are VALID reasons for extensions with RREM?
– NY residents receive 25K UPFRONT for their for engineering, architect, survey, flood certificate and foundation plan so that they can obtain accurate estimates. Why not NJ?
– Why is the cost so high with Pathway C contractors vs. Pathway B
– Why are Pathway C contractors given RREM pricing, but residents on pathway B do not have access to the pricing?
– If you are litigating with RREM then the money should be held in escrow until the case is settled.
– ECR and WIP documents are “riddled” with errors.
– All RREM answers to our questions need to BE IN WRITING.
– The RREM grant should stand as is. RREM needs to do their due diligence up front. NO RECOUPMENT because of RREM mismanagement or mistakes.
– The rules and regulations need to be reduced and made concrete. The program continually changes. The rules and regulations on the RREM program are 180 pages long and growing.
– Changing from Pathway C to B. Why so difficult and denials for some. If the engineering cost are to be born by the resident, they should receive all the engineering reports.
– Requests to RREM – They need to be REQUIRED to answer our questions in WRITING in a TIMELY FASHION (3 working days)
– OMBUDSMAN – we need one with POWER who can get answers quickly.
– ECR needs to be correct before moving forward with construction.
– Homeowner should be given ECR pricing.
– $15,000 for “soft costs” Why are some people receiving this as an addition to the $150K grant and others as a “contingency”.
– Pathway “C” residents must have itemized cost of project.
– Pathway “C” residents “banned” from their own homes?
– Pathway “C” residents should be able to move to Path “B” easily.
– Pathway “C” contractors paid for engineering then homeowner switches to Path B but not given the engineering work performed.
– Why does it take so long to cut off and turn on the utilities?
– Why are homeowners required to pay $10,000 for telephone poles?
– We need a streamlined process to approve permits in a timely fashion.
– Why is the cost of the permits not picked up by NJ Government
– Boards of Adjustment for each town need to meet every two weeks.
– Even if homes are demolished their status needs to be grandfathered
Real Estate Taxes –
– Our Real Estate taxes should be reduced until our homes are REBUILT AND RAISED.
– After raising / rebuilding our homes our taxes should not be raised because of renovations.
– Our overpaid real estate taxes since Sandy should be repaid back to Sandy damaged homeowners.